Please click on the title to read the full post.
Remember the new Fiber Art Connection online learning community I told you about? We are having a blog hop with some cool giveaway prizes for comments left on the blogs. Registration is now open, and the first class starts March 1, and registration closes March 15. To register go to: http://www.fiberartconnection.com/.
There are 10 weeks, each week a different teacher teaches a different class, with material presented for each day of the week There’s a great FAQ here: http://www.fiberartconnection.com/faqs.html
NOW, here is the way to win the big goody basket of prizes.
1. Register for the class
2. Leave a comment on this blog post answering this question: What’s the number one thing you would like to learn/improve in your art quilting?
3. Share a link to this blog post on social media and then leave another comment here telling me you did so
4. Sign up for the mailing list, link found http://www.fiberartconnection.com/
You can enter at each stop along the blog tour, commenting on all the posts will be open until midnight your local time on 3/14, which is the day before the course actually starts. After combining all the entries, we’ll use random.org to choose a winner, Desiree will ship the prize to the lucky winner that next day so you could use the items in the classes.
Candy Glendening has come up with a list of questions for all of us to answer so you can get to know us better.
So here are my answers:
1) What draws you to the fiber arts? Why do you work the way you do?
Let me count the ways! I love the colors, the textures, the myriad of ways you can change the fabric, and make things with it. I like to work with color and texture, using fused applique and paint because it is the easiest and fastest way to get realistic results.
2) Tell us about your studio! Where in the world is it? Is it clean or messy? Is it hidden away or out in the open?
My studio is an extra bedroom in my apartment in North Carolina, USA. It is a bit messy, but I try to clean up between projects or I can’t find anything! It’s my favorite place to be when I’m not dancing or teaching.
3) What’s your favorite color and why?
I love most of them, but I love watermelon pink because it’s so joyful.
4) What’s your least favorite thing to do when you’re working a piece?
Hmmm, probably making the label and the hanging sleeve, because I just want to be moving on to the next idea.
5) If you could fly where would you go?
Japan, Australia, any where exotic and beautiful and peaceful.
6) Tell us about the class you’re teaching in The Fiber Art Connection. What do you hope your students will learn from this?
This class is a really easy way to learn fused applique and textile painting, while creating a gorgeous little floral art quilt. I hope my students will gain confidence with the paint in transforming a flat piece of fabric into a flower with depth and brilliance. Hopefully, they will be enabled to paint on other art quilts using these same techniques and paints.
7) Where else can we find you on the internet?
This blog: https://blog.roxanelessa.com
My website: www.RoxaneLessa.com
My FB page: http://facebook.com/RoxaneLessaArtist
I also teach my own online classes on Ruzuku, which you can learn about through my blog. Just click on online classes.
Once again the teachers will be:
- Desiree Habicht
- Candy Glendening
- Liz Kettle
- Rayna Gillman
- Cecile Whatman
- Deborah Babin
- Ruth Chandler
And here we all are!